Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 Server needs help with Daylight Savings Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlc9

MIS
Aug 15, 2007
US
I have one Win2000 server that does not seem to have caught on to Daylight Savings Time a few weeks ago. All of my other Win2003 are synch'ing fine and have the correct time.

This one Win2000 server appears to be sync'ing ok to the domain heirarchy from what I can see from W32TM commands, plus it changes from minute to minute at the very same second that other Win2003 servers do. The problem is that it is just an hour behind. The Time Zone is set correctly, and Daylight Savings is checkmarked in the manual settings.

I have looked everywhere for applicable patches, if any, and have come up empty. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

there are no patches for this. win 2000 is not supported, change your time zone to be the correct time or find a registry hack

My Time zone is already correct.

So is every Windows 2k server experiencing this? What do the registry hacks involve, and where can I find them?

Download TZEDIT from Microsoft It was used back in 2007 for the DST issue.

Yea, I had already tried the TZedit program. It looks to be for old DST standards. When I choose my time zone, it gave a range of DST of April to October. This is obviously not right, because DST was a few weeks ago. It was earlier for 2009. It's almost like there should be a TZedit for 2009 standards.

Surely Win2000 servers can't just be left in the cold on this one. If so, I am not seeing much chatter about it via Google.

When you run TZedit. You find your TimeZone then click edit. It should give you the option to change the start date and Last Day
Which is currenty for EST users:
Second Sunday of March 2AM
to
First Sunday of November 2AM

Fixed it!! Thanks so very much. The key, as you guys said, was going in and editing daylight savings time dates. Then, an even bigger step was just going into the server time settings themselves, and even though, the correct time zone was there, once I hit APPLY, the correct time popped in.

Thanks to everybody!!

We also found an internet time source that we liked to in the server, which helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back