Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 Server, Kazaa and Winmx

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpecSys

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2002
US
I just installed a small server at home running W2k server for running some tests and learning it for my use in my workplace. I noticed that I now can't log on to my file sharing apps like winmx and kazaa. It referenced udp and tcpip ports or something like that (I am just learning 2000 server so I am new to this stuff).

Does this sound famaliar to anyone? How would I open the correct ports to continue using these apps? No big loss but it would be nice to be able to use both.

Just installed Kazaa on win2k server & it connected no problem (Internet connection via my LAN).

Not a lot of help - but a pointer. Are other internet apps working ok?

All I use are winmx, kazaa and internet explorer. My ftp serviuce on the server is not working though, could be related. I am guessing it has something to do with the ISA firewall which I know very little about.

If you have a firewall installed on your server such as ISA it may be set up only to allow access to the standard tcp/ip ports ie 80, 21, 23 etc. Kazaa uses port 1214 and others to connect to other Kazaa peers so you will need to ensure that you open port 1214 inbound and outbound or you will not be able to connect to Kazaa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back