Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 server cloning issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkdev

ISP
Aug 2, 2002
IN
Dear Friends,

IS their any ways to clone a windows 2000 server , I have ghost 9 but it says unspportive OS type when i install it on windows 2000 server.
I need you help fast.

Thanx in advance

dev

I'm pretty sure if you do a disk to disk clone using the DOS version of Ghost (there should be an option to create a floppy) that you should be ok as this will just perform a binary copy from disk to disk.

I can't remember but i think there is a server version of ghost but i don't use it so i'm not certain.

Quick note. For successful cloning, both boxes need to be relatively similar in hardware configuation or you will be in for TONS of grief trying to get HAL in line.

Also, is this an SBS server that you are going to clone? Keep in mind that M$ created life in such a way that you cannot have two SBS servers in the same domain, even when you are trying to migrate from one machine to another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back