Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 professional, RANDOM BOOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjarkekr

Technical User
Jun 22, 2001
DK
I have this problem with windows2000pro.
It boots occasionaly all the time. Sometimes I can have it turned on for hours, sometimes only for a few minutes.
Then somebody told me that I should turn off "boot on errors" (something like that, in my computer/properties/advanged). I then did that. Now instead of rebooting it comes up with a blue screen saying this:

"***STOP: 0X0000001E (0xBC90BBF6, 0x00000001,0x00000400)

KMODE_EXEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

***ADDRESS BC0BBF6 BASE AT BC907000, Datestamp 397fe49e - anv_disp.dll

Beginning dump of physical memory.
physical memory dump complete, contact your system administrator or technical support group."

Can somebody help me??? Do you know what this is??

Do you install any software like Proxy or any application using graphic. Uninstall that application ,it should be fine. I used to install Proxy on the Win2K pro in our computer. It cause that problem after I uninstall the Proxy it back to normal.
I hope it can help you.

I have no proxy installed...
I think maybe it could have something to do with my graphics card. Its asusv3400.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back