Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 Professional - MS Outlook Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabodean

Technical User
Mar 25, 2003
US
OK, here's the mess I got myself into: I am running Windows 2000 Professional on my home computer. For a while I used this computer on my company's network. When my company went under, and I took this computer off of the (now non-existent) network, I changed the settings of my System Properties to reflect this. In doing so, I had a very difficult time logging back onto Windows. As expected, when I got back on, many of my settings were different (I logged on using the last successful configuration). My question is this: How can I access my original Outlook settings, so that I can access my Contacts and downloaded email messages? If I cannot restore the settings to achieve this objective, is there a way to access this information another way, given my current Windows Log-On predicament?
Any suggestions or resources would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Explore the start button and look for your profile. You should be able to find your *.pab and *.pst in there.C:\Documents and Settings\YourProfileName\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook.

If you were using Outlook on a network, most of your info is on the server though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back