Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 Professional Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSchotte

Technical User
Nov 11, 2002
DE
Hi,

how do I remove the Windows-Games(Freecell, Pinball, Minesweeper and Solitaire) under Windows 2000 Professional? I'd tried it under the Add/Remove Programs but there is nothing!

thx

MrSchotte

MrSchotte;

In Windows Explorer,navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Games

Right click on the individual program shortcuts and select properties. The "Target" field will show you the name of the program that is executed ie. "%SystemRoot%\System32\sol.exe". In this case I would then navigate to c:\winnt\System32\ and remove "sol.exe". Then remove the shortcut.

Ed Please let me know if the suggestion(s) I provide are helpful to you.
Sometimes you're the windshield... Sometimes you're the bug.
smallbug.gif

If you really want to remove the apps (rather than just the shortcuts), you need to use add/remove windows components button of add/remove programs. Before you do this you need to edit a file called sysoc.inf in \winnt\inf. In the [Components] section, find the Games entry and remove the word 'hide' or 'HIDE' near left hand end of this entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back