Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 Pro. won't load due to Username and Password error

Status
Not open for further replies.

TamDon

Technical User
Feb 28, 2003
US
I bought a Gateway 2000 second hand. The previous user left her name & password in the password box when the Windows 2000 Pro. would load to the desktop. Somehow, the previous owner has gotten logged off, or deleted or something. Everytime the windows goes to load, it will have her name in the password box, but the password is no longer there. So the windows will not load. I have no options other than to shut it down or click ok. When I click okay, it just asks me for the password again. Is there a way that I can get rid of the password box for the "username and the password"? I cannot even open windows in the safemode, it still asks me for the username and password. And no matter what I type in, it's invalid. Thanks to all~

tam don try this thread it should help. thread616-468980 everyday you learn something new, the day you dont is the day you die....so make someone live longer teach them something.......MUTT

Thank you very much, I will try this and see how it goes! Have a wonderful day-
TamDon

Okay, guys ,

I know I'm gonna sound like a 12 year old here, but is NT and Win2000 Professional the same system? Will this work for me if my password expires tomorrow and I have NO idea what it is?

Thanks,

andante

Yes, they're basically the same operating system.

Okay, I wound up typing "administrator" (without the quotes) in the Username Box. And typing in "lzxa" (maybe that was the old password, I found it written down on a piece of paper that was in with some of the software, that came with the computer.) in the Passwod Box. The desktop opened right up! Thank you for all the advice. Tammy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back