Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 Pro Dial in problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcsereed

MIS
Aug 11, 2001
US
Background: This is an IBM laptop TPT22 1Ghz computer with 256MB of Ram and 32gig harddrive.
The laptops were all imaged. A gold copy was made and OK'd by QA. The computer was unjoined from the doamin and was sent out to be imaged. They were given a list of computer names wich were also used as the sign on names.They were imaged by Ghost and SID changer was run on all of them. They changed the computer names and renamed the original name to the names that were supplied. They were then shipped back and we dialed in and autenticated them onto the domain by Dialing into them through RAS. They all were able to join the domain. Now we seem to have a few that are not able to register and get credentials failed error
when dialing in.

The Ras Server is a NT server 4.0 machine. One gentleman keeps saying that it is a SID issue. I looked at the SID's and they are not even close to each other when compared to each Laptop. When they dial in they are set up to dial in as \\domainname.com\machinename. Sometimes when it fails I put the computer domain in the domain box and just use the machinename and I am able to get in. Sometimes I am able to get in the other way. The RAS Server is a busy one. I want to see if anyone has had this problem or might have some idea to what is going on. I know that Microsft does not like using Ghost software but I cant see this being a SID issue. If this was a SID issue, Why would we be able to get in and join the domain and then be able to dial in other times before sending the machines out. HELP PLease

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back