Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 Print Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

razr

MIS
May 10, 2002
US
Hello Everyone

I was hoping someone can help me with a Windows 2000 Print Server problem. Users that I allow to manage the printers and myself cannot delete the print job that is hanging up the printer, without stopping and starting the print spooler service. There has to be something better. Maybe I didn't configure something on the server!! Any help is greatly appreciated.

Razr

It may take a few minutes from the time you signal a job for deletion before it actually exits the que.

Start, Help. You'll be surprised what's there. A+/MCP/MCSE/MCDBA

I agree with Seaspray0. I run in to this with my users working with an outdated accounting application often. The application will hang, then they go in to the printer queue and right click, cancel and call me saying the printer is locked up. I just take my time getting down there, and the print jobs are usually canceled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back