Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 Power down

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhowell

IS-IT--Management
May 16, 2004
GB
I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this. I just recently installed Windows 2000 going from Windows Me. Previously before the install, when the system powers down in Windows Me notifying me that it was okay for me to turn off the power, I was able to simply turn off power in the normal manner of using the front switch of my tower.

Since Windows 2000 has been installed, when it prompts me that it's okay to turn off the power, I've never been able to power down using the front switch of my tower. I have to turn off the power using the back line switch.

Anyone out there knows how I can rectify this.

Thanks
Melvin
mhowell.bscs@juno.com

Activate Advanced Power Management (Control Panel -> Power Options) if you computer supports it. System should power off at shut down without any need for action on your part.

Dave

If your computer doesn't support it, try holding in the power button until the computer shuts off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back