Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 Permissions and Symantec Ghost 7.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

moapple

MIS
Mar 29, 2001
US
Does anyone know what permission are required within a domain environment when using the Ghost 7.5 Console? Symantec said that you need to be a "domain admin" in order to use the console. I would like to be able to allow someone that I work with to have access to the console, but I don’t want to have to add them to the “domain admin” group.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hello, my suggestion for you would be to just stick with Symantec’s suggestion. I had a similar problem when the company that I work for tried to implement Ghost into our environment. We tried to setup permissions based on what we thought would be needed. We ended running into several problems (Active Directory Headaches – License Management – etc.). In most case it seemed as if everything was working just fine until it was too late. We finally just gave up and decided the smart thing to do was not try to reinvent the wheel.

- Good Luck -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back