Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000/Novell Environment question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquaboy1976

Technical User
Nov 7, 2002
US
I'm not sure this is the right place to ask, but I at least wanna try.

We have a problem where when we login to Novell then the second window for windows login pops up and you can check to change the password to match the novell password. After doing that, the passwords don't synch up. Any ideas to fix this?

What OS are you using? If you set the password for the user account to be the exact same on both Win and Novell, then it should only ask you once for a username/password. Try changing them yourself in Active Directory, and in NDS.

You can also try to change the order of the client's. Try using Microsoft Client first.

My OS is Windows 2000 and it is the most current verion of Novell.

First I login at the Novell login screen, then the Windows login pops up. I enter my userID and password then check the box that says "change your windows password to match your Netware password after a successful login". I then hit ok and get the error message "failed to change your windows password to match your netware. your windows password is less than the minimum password age. your windows password was not changed"

oh yeah, one more thing. I think this started happening when the account lockout policy was put into effect.

Thanks in advance.

Check your access rights to the local machine. You need to have sufficient access rights to change the password.

It sounds like you have a minimum password age requirement in Windows that is not being met so Windows will not allow your password to be changed.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back