Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 Netware Client 4.8 Help & Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldchap

MIS
May 26, 2001
GB
I have a couple of Win2k Pc's that are connecting to our network. We have 2 Netware 5 servers one of which has the get nearest server=off, so that I only authenticate to one server. Trouble is that even though the Win2k Netware clients have the preferred server set, they randomally decide who they authenticate to and lose all the network mappings.

How can I force the PC's to logon to 1 server only and remember the mappings.

Also sometimes they cant find the Netware tree at all.

Thanks

Wayne Hammond

There is a confusion over the preferred server. If you also have preferred tree set it can use that so finds any server that holds a replica with that user in. Try not setting default tree. Or, edit the login scripts so instead of just having sys:blah/blah put in the server/volume. This wil map to the correct server. You can use the nds name for the volume also. This will then map to the correct server no matter which one you authenticate to. Lee Smith
Xenon Network Services
Snr. Technical Support
LSmith@xenon-uk.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back