Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 install error : Unable to load bootloader

Status
Not open for further replies.

vipinr

Technical User
Aug 3, 2002
IN
Hi when im installing Windows 2000 on my system thru dos prompt from \i386\winnt the setup starts but gives an error " Unable to load the bootloader on C:\ please make sure ur hard disk is formatted and not corrupt"

im using a P 3 machine with 40 gb samsung HDD 128 mb ram

no windows 2000(Professional, Server, Adv. Server) is getting installed.. but Xp is installed easily

PLease help

Have you tried starting the install by booting from the 2k install CD?

What do you mean by "Installing from a Dos prompt"
If you mean booting up in XP then running a command prompt then what is happening is that XP his accessing the boot loader and it wont let you override it for th w2k install, if you do as requested in the earlier post you should be fine.

i do not have a boot cd of Win 2k. Im not using windows XP im using Windows Me. And the other way of installing Win 2k is to boot into dos using a MS DOS bootbale floppy, loading ur cdrom drivers and running <CDROM Path>\I386\WINNT.EXE. This usually works, but ever since i got a 40 Gb drive Im having trouble doing this. And also i cannot directly upgrade to win2k from windows ME. unfortunately formating isnt an option..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back