Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 Hotfixes released after SP4

Status
Not open for further replies.

baldhead

Technical User
Apr 27, 2004
US
I'm currently running SUS on my server and have all the hotfix cab files in a directory within SUS. I want to be able to install these cab file to new Windows 2000 Pro. installations so that that I don't have to go through the Windows Update site to install them all manually. I know how to deploy these hotfixes (using cmdlines.txt during the RIS install) but I'm not sure which of the hotfixes I have that applies to Windows 2000 Professional after Service Pack 4. In other words which hotfixes I have that were released after service pack 4. Does anyone have a link or know of somewhere I can go to find this out?

thanks
marshall

use windowsupdate on the pro box but point it at the SUS server. There is a GPO settings change to make and that is it.

<signature sold subject to contract>

I guess I didn't explain myself enough, sorry guys. I want this to be automated/unattended. I want as many of the hotfixes as can be installed during install, to be installed. I just need to know the ones after SP4 which would be installed if I went to the Windows update site. This way I can use the cmdlines.txt file to install them. I brought up the SUS server because I have all of the hotfixes downloaded.

thanks
baldhead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back