Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 hangs upon installation of software

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndouglass

MIS
Aug 2, 2001
GB
Help....!!!!!

I've got a Windows 2000 Server(sp2) and experienced problems with slow backups with Arcserve. I managed to uninstall Arcserve & TNG Unicenter, although I had to edit the registry to set the startup state of the services to disabled. This was because the Service control panel was unable to change the state of the services, and now I've tried to reload Arcserve it gets about 90% through and informs me that it's starting the relevenat installed services. This is when nothing happens and the installation stops responding, I have to end the process through Task Manager. I've rebooted numerous times and even tried to re - Service Pack the Server and I have the same problems.

The Server is running a Lotus Notes/Domino database upon it and this itself occasionally locks up since my attempts to fix the Arcserve.

Where do I start ????

Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back