Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 FTP not allowing active directory login

Status
Not open for further replies.

danDSHS

Instructor
Mar 12, 2007
US
Our windows 2000 NT server will not allow users to login to the FTP unless they are classified as administrators. I have the domain set up with all of the correct permissions (to my knowledge).
1. Access to FTP folders
2. Access to Read under FTP

If there is some permission not set, please let me know.

The users are added to the Domain controller under Active Directory. I saw a post about the same exact problem on another forum, but there was no answer. I would highly appreciate it if i could get some quality help.

My Peers at my highschool would highly appreciate any helpful feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

From what I understand, you need to add "Authenticated Users" to the ace list.

Just follow the steps provided in the below link:

except for if you don't want Anonymous access, deselect "Anonymous Access" option under CONTROL PANEL > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services > Expand XXXXX (local computer) > Expand FTP Sites > Right click Default FTP Site > Properties > Security Accounts

Next check would be to check if you have mentioned the correct FTP Site Directory:

Goto Home Directory > FTP Site Directory (Check if you have mentioned the right directory path here).

Next would be to check if you have given necessary permissions to the local/domain users for the above directory.

Hope this helps.

-Keshav

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back