Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 11 Volume Too Quiet

Status
Not open for further replies.

I81B4U

Programmer
Nov 29, 2005
US
I'm on the latest version of Windows 11, completely updated. The volume is pitifully quiet. I've looked everywhere I can for some way to successfully boost the volume, but I only run into 3rd party apps which I won't use. The Windows troubleshooters don't help (surprise, surprise), and I have not been able to add the Enhanced audio feature, every set of instructions I see says there is a checkbox in the All sound devices properties menu, but there isn't one on my pc. I have a really loud speaker system, but sometimes I need to turn the knob all the way up just to be able to hear anything. Any help would be appreciated!

Have you resolved the issue?

If you let me know the brand and model of your PC I will take a look for you?

You haven't said what you're getting your sound from. Unpowered speakers? Headphones? HDMI on the monitor?

Is this a NEW issue? Was it an upgrade from Windows 10? Did it work previously?

If your answer is "Headphones" or "Unpowered speakers", are you sure your soundcard has an amplifier? Many sound outputs are just line level, meaning you won't get any volume out of them; they have to be run through an amplifier.

Do you have the same issue if, say, you use a USB headset?

Give us the rest of the info here. :)

Just my $.02

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back