Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 10 Reverted back to Windows 7 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy_F

IS-IT--Management
Jul 19, 2018
US
windows 10 reverted back to win7
The end user said when he started up his PC Monday morning his computer looked like his old OS....?

Why did this happen... He had been running on Windows 10 for at least 3 months with no problem

There was probably a screen to choose the operating system - a dual boot menu as discussed/shown in this article. I've seen this on only a few Windows 10 computers that have been upgraded from a previous OS. The user chose the wrong one.

Link
Link

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

Great info... Thanks goombawaho

I don't, however, understand what puts Windows 10 into that mode where it offers to boot to the old O.S. It would be nice if somebody knew the reason that it happens. And it apparently happens rarely because I've only seen it at one company.

It happens quite quickly - if you delay the boot selection, you will see it. It is possible that the down arrow was pressed

But why are you offered the choice when you have upgraded. Most PCs DON'T show the choice after having been upgraded.

I added a delay to mine so I can choose whether to press F8 or not for system diagnostics. If you change the boot up delay, you will see it. Normally there is only a choice of 1 but depending on how you did the upgrade, there is sometimes a choice of two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back