Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 10 - Recycle Bin Corrupted 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2007
US
Just wondering if anyone has seen this recently. You get a screen before you can login on domain-joined PCs. It says "the Recycle Bin on C:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the recycle bin for this drive?"

The thing is, you can't get past it by clicking on YES or NO. Nothing happens. You are locked out. I had to start Windows three times and turn the power off each time to be given the choice for recovery options, then choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt and do the deletion of the recycle bin (instructions below).
Link

Here's the thing - I have never seen this before until the last month - now twice in one month. Both computers were upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro recently. It can't be a coincidence. Any thoughts? Weird.

tweaking.oom

Windows all-in-one repair tool.

Just my $.02

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

Gee thanks. I know the solution. I wanted to understand cause!!!!

That's why I posted the fix too!!! And that's normally the priority (the fix), but I like to understand why too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back