Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 10 Password Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjw001

Technical User
Aug 12, 2002
GB
I don't know if this is really a Windows problem, but it seems to be the only common element.

It is on my wife's computer and I am not there when the problems arise.

She mainly used Edge but some sites only work with Chrome so that is used sometimes.

Recently (possibly just after a Windows update) account credentials have been lost and the usernames and passwords have to be reentered for accounts (e.g Amazon).

There is also a problem with Outlook 2007. Several times a day it fails to connect to some/all of the e-mail servers and asks for the password. Despite ticking the box to save the password it will ask again later, although it does seem to have collected some e-mails.

One other thing, a few weeks ago I changed the router and my wife is convinced that the problems started after that.

Any help or suggestions would be gratefully received.

Two other bits of information.

I am in the UK.

Most/all sites come up with the security permissions alert even though the site has been visited recently.

Panic over!

I spent a bit of time investigating and it now seems to be OK. There definitely was a problem in that it had lost access to numerous internet accounts, but it now seems to be holding the ones I connected to.

I did find one setting in Outlook that seemed to have changed but reset it and that is also OK.

Until tomorrow anyway.

Glad to hear you got it working.

Based on what you told us, the problem might simply have been that you lost some or all of your cookies, perhaps through accidentally doing "clear cookies" or its equivalent in your browser. That would explain why you had to log in again, but once you had done that, the site was "holding" the log-in.

In any case, it's unlikely to have been a Windows 10 issue, and almost certainly not related to your getting a new router.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

Sometimes these saved log in passwords get deleted, when there ist an update ofthe browser you are using.Of course that's really annoying, but i'm glad you could work it out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back