Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 10 May 2019 Insider Release Preview problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Shadow

Technical User
Dec 1, 2018
US
As a reminder, in case you have update issues with the May update:
Windows Update Blocked

To work around this issue, remove all external media, such as USB devices and SD cards, from the computer. Then, restart the May 2019 Update installation.

I love the update! Cortana getting worst also the the update make my mid range computer slower.

Just to be clear here: the May update is not on general release yet. This refers to the Windows Insider Release Preview. Whilst less risky in terms of the instability and bugs you may well receive with Windows Insider fast and slow rings, it is still not the actual release software and you accept the risk of bugs if you try to install and run it!

Yes. I should have titled the thread better. Then again, if you're part of the Insider group you probably know this already.

True. But if you are not part of the "Insider group" (whatever that is) you could have become very worried.

pjw001 said:
"Insider group" (whatever that is)
Beta testers

Insiders Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back