Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 10 for VB6.0 development

Status
Not open for further replies.

vbdbcoder

Programmer
Nov 23, 2006
US
Hello,

I am having this problem with this combination in environment in one box:

Windows 10
Sage 300 2017 PU2
SQL server 2016
MS Visual Studio 6.0

I verify that VB6.0 is working. Sage 300 works fine. SQL server works fine. But when I try to create a VB6.0 Sage OCX project, VB 6.0 IDE does not respond when I run the project in debug mode by stepping through the code.

The error is
"Could not open UI. The system may be busy because another application (such as data conversion application) has locked the company's database. Otherwise, the UI was not opened because an unexpected error has occurred. "

I can add the OCX (OE1100.ocx) to the tool box in VB6 IDE. I can drag and drop it to a windows form in designer. I just can't get the code to run within VB6. It fails at "AccpacOE1100UICtrl1_OnUIAppOpened()" event, which never gets executed when a form is loaded.

Any pointer or help is highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

For my development machines (using VirtualBox) I completely disable UAC. Not just down to the bottom setting but I also change the EnableLUA setting in the registry. A work around for this is to remove the session manager from the tray (right-click and close). It seems to hold things up when the Windows security context doesn't line up with VB6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back