Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 10 Fall Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

2ffat

Programmer
Oct 23, 1998
US
According to this "How To Geek" article there are some changes and updates coming November to Win10.

James P. Cottingham
I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229!

Details are very sparse but Redstone is expected to be a far larger mutation.

Windows 10 'Redstone' update reportedly in the works

Nobody seems to know exactly what's in there even though its has been in the works for a long time already and sounds like a significant change.

I'm not sure why anyone would have Windows 10 installed on anything but test machines at this point. It seems pretty clear several Big Bang changes will be made long before the "free upgrade" window has closed anyway.

If one has already updated computers to Win 10, won't they also get any new update that comes along?

Daniel

I'm not sure why anyone would have Windows 10 installed on anything but test machines at this point.
That's what I have personally, but I have small business customers that have decided via "rogue" employees to just go ahead and upgrade from W7 to W10 and now their posteriors are being bitten by some software incompatibilities. I hate to say I told them so, but I did.

I had told the bosses to tell the employees NOT to do it, but..................

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

Well there are good reasons why a lot of developers are sitting back until Windows 10 settles down. There are big updates coming in early 2016 that are likely to break things applications tried to do in order to work on early Win10...

... or not. We just don't know because Microsoft has stopped communicating with developers. A pretty bad sign in itself.

Is there any news of when the Threshold update will be available to normal mainstream users, rather than Microsoft Insiders? I haven't seen it in windows update and assume that is where it will appear? Ive had windows 10 a few months now so shouldn't be in the less than a month category.

I have heard there have been some issues like it not installing completely. Are these causing delays in it going out to mainstream users?

I installed it on my wife's PC this past weekend. It came through as a regular update.

James P. Cottingham
I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229!

Yes, it has been available for over a week for my Windows 10 laptop.

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back