Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 10 DataProject issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrzejek

Programmer
Jan 10, 2006
US
I used to use DataProject in Windows 7 all the time. Now, a new computer with Windows 10 and when I try to start a new DataProject, I get an error.

DataEnv_dl4cpr.png

It points me to DataEnv.log file, but this file is not created. At least not in the location stated in the error message. I did find this log file in completely other place: [tt]
Line 2: Class {C0E45035-5775-11D0-B388-00A0C9055D8E} of control DataEnvironment1 was not a loaded control class.
Line 0: The file C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\VB98\Template\Projects\DataEnv.Dsr could not be loaded.[/tt]

Any idea what I need to do to be able to create DataProject in VB6 on Windows 10 machine?

---- Andy

"Hmm...they have the internet on computers now"--Homer Simpson

This is why I run VB6 in a virtual machine with an older version of Windows. While built VB apps miraculously still work in Win10, the VB IDE and other addins can be too flaky.

I would love to have my VB6 on a VM with Win7, but it is not up to me, unfortunately. Corporate rules, licensing, etc.
Running VB6 on a borrow time for 17 years since 2004, I guess, when Microsoft abandoned VB6 is OK.

---- Andy

"Hmm...they have the internet on computers now"--Homer Simpson

I turned my old laptop into a VM as I was worried about the hardware failing. It worked great. That might help with the red tape you're facing.

I Goggled the CLID in your message and found a few hits but it looks like some investigation will be required.

Good luck!

>This is why I run VB6 in a virtual machine with an older version of Windows

Yep, me too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back