Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Window will not load completely!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuxej

Technical User
Nov 15, 2002
US
I'm building a PC with the Via C3 Giga Pro CPU + Amptron PC chips M787-CL mainboard with 300W PS ATX-Case. Install Win98 and everything from was going smooth until the part where it was trying to load windows. It stall and didn't complete. (I've done many windows installation on many different Mob+CPU and this is the first to stumpped me.) I thought it might be the hard drive so I replace that and still froze. The strange thing was that it can go in a safemode. When I restart it again, it froze. I even replace the memory (128mb SDRAM)with new ones and still nothing. I figure it could be the Vis's GigaPro CPU+Mainboard. Any kind of help would be appreciated.

-Yuxej

It probably is an issue with one of your drivers. Try booting using the "Step by Step" method,hit F8 at bootup, and you should find where the problem is.

mot98
[cheers]

"Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake."
- Chessmaster Savielly Grigorievitch Tartakower (1887-1956)

I agree with mot98 more then likly it is a driver issue do a step by step start and see what it is hanging on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back