Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

(window.screen) and xp permissions????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracey

Programmer
Oct 16, 2000
NZ
Hi

I have a strange problem with some javascript which runs when my users open a popup report. This only happens sometimes, and only on XP/IE6 - so far. (I am also posting this in XP forum [flame] M$)

The new window pops open, the code that runs is
Code:
if (window.screen) self.resizeTo(screen.availWidth,screen.availHeight);

I have two users now who have had a Runtime Error Alert box, and when the debug button is clicked this line is pointed out as the problem. The error is "Access is Denied" [sadeyes]

Has anyone here got any idea about this?

Tracey
Remember... True happiness is not getting what you want...

Its wanting what you have got!

well if your script still works while having that error jus put in another script to stop any errors...if you need help making that script just post back here an ill find it for ya
Jammer1221

Im a little lost now jammer...

important_point := 'i am not a JS programmer';

While language <> 'Delphi' do
begin
Run around in circles screaming help;
end;
[elephant2]

Tracey

OK what happends from what i understand is that when you run a script it pops up an error reading Access denied...Well My question for you is if you click the check box in the error message that says always show errors...will the script/page still work...If this is still confusing could you please post a test page that i could look at or all of your code
Thanks
Jammer1221

ok. Yes the page still works. the alert that comes up has a debug or not debug button, if you choose no, the report runs anyway, and resizes. This is not the usual &quot;Show script error&quot; message. I have that set for development and i do not get any errors.

Tracey

O ok now i get what you mean... Do you maybe have a test page or the code you could send me
Thanks
Jamme1221

Dunno if this will help. Not seen the error.

I'm surprised
flame.gif
Ziff Davis Media Inc. doesn't have in house experts to troubleshoot such problems.

bah! smiley didn't come through but you get the message ;)

sorry storm, M$ is no help. [pc](Quel Surprise)

Tracey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back