Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

window.opener.reload(rue) FAILS

Status
Not open for further replies.

programmher

Programmer
May 25, 2000
US
All,

I have the above script in an event that successfully works when I test it in my test environment. Below is the entire script:

function CloseMe()
{
window.opener.reload(true)

window.close();
}
</script>

My dilemna is that when I move this code to my live site, my page reloads, but the information does not refresh! I check my database and the records are updated. The reloaded page just does not reflect the changes UNLESS you click the browser refresh button. Then the page reloads a second time with the updated information.

I tried window.opener.refresh. This worked in testing but not on my live site. So far, the below seems to work on the live site:
function CloseMe()
{
window.opener.navigate(window.opener.location.href);

window.close();
}
</script>

Can anyone explain what possible differences could exist between my test site and live site? My network engineers assure me the environments are identical. [pc]

Sounds like you have some issues with page caching... true using
Code:
opener.location.replace(opener.location.href)
(or something along those lines) instead... -gerrygerry

&quot;I'm doin' a one-nighter for bitin' Ed the mail man... the guy was tryin' to cast a spell on me... like a wizard or something.&quot;
&quot;Are you sure about that?&quot;
&quot;I dunno... maybe he was just wavin' [wavey]...&quot;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back