Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

window.opener permission denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

anto2

Programmer
Apr 4, 2001
IE
Hello I am using window.opener to return a value to a page that calls a pop-up window.

when I try to pass back the value I get a permission denied error.

Within my pop-up window the user can click a button that updates the pop-up window by calling an url to rebuild the page.

If I do a very simple pop-up(no refreshing) the value is returned with no problems.

Anthony.

I'm not sure I understand what you're attempting, but try first setting the location of the target window to "about:blank", then set it to your URL.

Hello,

What I have is a pop-up calendar which needs to return the date to a field on the main page.

I have got this working now. My problem was that I was using Oracle Webdb to generate my pop-up calendar page but my calling page was a normal html page. Once I used webdb to generate the calling page as well everthing worked.

Thank for your reply
Anthony.

I have exactly the same problem. It works fine on my personal Windows Server, but not on a UNIX based server, which is strange, cause I assumed javascript runat the client, shouldn't pay attention to that.

Will post an answer once I have found the solution.

Mr Cricks

does the popup url is in your server ? ---------------------------------------
wmail.jpg

someone knowledge ends where
someone else knowledge starts

Yes that is the solution. You must have developed the pop-up on your local machine, not realising that you had coded a url for you local machine as the pop-up. Eg.

if the web page is on
and you created the page on your computer to make a pop-up ie. localmachine/page.php which pops up localmachine/popup.php

So when uploaded the page to you did not change the link for the pop-up from localmachine/popup.php to
See your pop-up would still work as long as you were on your computer but give the permission denied error because browsers dont let javascripts residing on different servers acces different pages, hence "Permission Denied".

Mr Cricks

Hi guys,

I have a problem for you to look at it.

I have a <FORM> and want to initiate a new window from the main page. I want to return some values selected from new window to main page <FORM>.

Any idea/help will be appreciated....

Thanks
Webby

I had the same problem, but I resolved installing once filter and extension module for IIS.
This filter redirect the page, for example all pages that contain sergio in the url go to other web server.
And how this problem is for the domain name this filter maintain the original domain for the pages redirect.

Hey KandieMan,

I tried your program/script that you posted the link to, and I had the same problem as I'm having as stated in the message below.

Wade

Ok, here is what I am doing. I have an application that opens a popup window when I click a button. Everything works fine in the popup window, until I click a button that I have labeled as Select.

The function of the select button is to copy the information displayed from an address book to the form that opened the popup window, then to close the popup window.

On some computers, this works just fine. On MOST computers, when I click the Select button, I get a java script error that says &quot;Access is Denied&quot;. I have tried a number of fixes, such as setting: var windowName = opener.document; and setting a timer to close the window after 1 second, thinking that it was related to the IE4 problem.

It wasn't. I also started checking version of IE so see if that made a difference. My version of IE on my computer is 5.00.2614.3500. I found another computer in my office with the exact same version of IE, and I got the access denied error with that as well. Then I though, OK, maybe it's the security level. I took the security on the office computer down to LOW just to make sure everything would run, and it still doesn't work.

Does anyone have any other ideas? I'm starting to go NUTZ here trying to figure this out!

Thanks,
Wade Wendorf
wwendorf@abadus.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back