Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

window.open in IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

isilkin

Technical User
Feb 12, 2008
US
Can anyone help me figure out why
window.open('someimage.jpg') doesn't work in IE. Is there some sort of build-in pop-up blocker?

Also if my page has javascript on it IE displays a message at a top of the browser window asking weather or not I want to allow blocked content. Is there any way to bypass this message without making a user go in and manually allow the page to load.
Thanks a lot guys.

Thanks Lee! When you say "no" you mean there's no way around it. Do you know any thing about window.open?

If YOU could override a popup blocker, so could anyone else. The reason behind popup blockers is to keep web pages from opening unwanted popups.

If you have questions about window.open, you can do a search of this forum or search on Google for more information, and probably get answers faster than posting here and waiting for someone to respond.

Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back