Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Winbond Hardware monitor problem???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toraz

Technical User
Jan 31, 2002
DE
I've just installed a new mobo(Abit KX7-333) with a 2100+ CPU into my computer, with xp2700 DDR ram
When i have 'Hardware Doctor' running in my taskbar(background) i keep getting beeps when i disconnect from online servers, also beeps and tells me the case is open sometimes.
Anyone aware of any problems with this hardware monitor?

So now i just keep it switched off as i know my temps are fine!!
What does the case open alarm actually do because if i open my case when the comps on nothing happens!!
I build computers so i do know a little .... :)

Some work based PC's physically have a case switch that is triggered if opened so the system cannot be tampered with. But home built PC's very rarely have this unecessary feature so just set appropriately in hardware monitor.
It may also be a case of setting up the parameters to avoid false alarms. Martin Please let members know if there advice has helped any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back