Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Winaspi.dll trouble, I think!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nakanaranger

Technical User
Feb 25, 2002
US
I use Windows 98 SE. I'll try to make this brief, but it's complicated. I installed an IOMEGA 250 USB Zip Drive on my PC, but didn't back up the registry beforehand. I went on a short vacation and accidentally left the computer on. Now, 4 days later, I restart it when I get home from Dallas, and it runs scandisk, finding that the file C:\Windows\System\Winaspi.dll has been replaced with a different version (I'm guessing by the ZIP drive). I finally managed to restore this file from my Windows 98 CD, but it didn't seem to fix anything. My drivers were all gone, and when I restarted my computer that first time, it kept "detecting new devices" like the printer, modem, and video card I've had since I got the computer. I reinstalled the modem and video card software, but nothing is seeming to change except that they now show up on the device manager. My Earthlink is acting like I just installed it, and it makes me go through a connection setup routine, and then it can't find my modem, so I can't get online. My display properties won't change higher than 640x480, and 16 colors, and I KNOW my video card is better than that, b/c it didn't USED to be like that until this stupid ZIP drive mess. I know this is alot, but can you please help me out?! I've done all I know to do, and nothing has happened!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back