Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WinAntiVirusPro2007 detected on infected computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

trafficstudent

Programmer
Oct 21, 2005
US
I jsut ran a virus scan and it detected the WinAntiVirusPro2007 virus on a users computer. It has totally messed up his hole system, I get popups all the time. Can someone suggest how to clean/remove this virus. I have currently install SAV 10.0 installed on the machine.

Urgent,

Thanks in adavance

What you have on your system is not a virus, but some pretty nasty spyware. You should go to lavasoft.com and download Ad-Aware 2007 (it is free) and then go to and download spybot search and destroy. I use these programs all the time. They are very nice and don't fool you into downloading more spyware. Also check to make sure that you have all of your Microsoft updates. Try that out and see what happens.

Yes, and make sure you download the REAL version of Spybot, there's a lot of fakes, so be sure to use the url clintblack referenced.

Mike Fegan

Affordable Web Hosting, SSL Certs, and much more... from the "weirdest" city in Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back