Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win98SE Empty Installer Keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

deltarho

Technical User
Apr 22, 2003
GB
I am manually cleaning my registry and noticed that a very large percentage of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Components
keys are empty.

From what I understand of the Intaller key, a subkey in Components which was empty would be redundant.

Am I safe to delete these empty keys?

Cheers

Any good registry cleaning program will get rid of un-necessary lines. Search the web for registry cleaners, many are free. I use "EasyCleaner", by ToniArts.

Thanks for that. I use NBG Clean Registry, RegVac and RegSeeker and whichever order I use them in almost invariably the third one will find something!

Each cleaner reflects the author's area of expertise and no one has written one making all others redundant.

I have a reason for cleaning my registry to the nth degree and have a lot of ..\Components subkeys which are empty. If I can get confirmation empty keys may be removed then I'll write my own cleaner to remove them.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back