Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win98 to 2000 IE doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

networkingguy

Technical User
Mar 7, 2002
CA
Upgraded to 2000. Now Internet Explorer doesn't work. Also in safe mode there's no cursor in add and remove programs. The my computer icon didn't work. Now it does. Have reinstalled Windows 2000. Now Office 2000 doesn't work. Have tried to reinstall Office, but won't accept hte CD. Gives me error. Checked the error on the knowledge base and it tells me there's a problem with the CD. It seeems to be getting more bizzare. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I realise that this is in hindsight, but it may help. upgrading from one version of Windows to another does not always go as smoothly as we hope.

Therefore I would recommend reformatting your HD and installing W2000 on a fresh empty drive, then installing your apps and finally restoring your data.

The reason for this advice is that IE is now so heavily tied in with the opsys, reinstalling it, then Office then applying a windows SP, etc etc, could leave the system in an unknown condition.

You may have to bite the bullet and start again

HTH

PeteH2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back