Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

win98 machines not getting subnet mask from dhcp

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejstrom

MIS
Oct 30, 2000
US
Hi all,

I have 6 win98 machines in a remote office that are renewing leases every 7 (not my decision I would use 30 days) days. When they do this they get a mask of 255.0.0.0 instead of 255.255.255.0 . I can release and renew and it makes no difference. I have 9 other machines in same location that are fine. Any ideas?

Thanks

Based on the information you have supplied I would suggest checking you network setting on the 6 machines that are haveing the problem. Might I also suggest that you look at the network settings of the other 9 units and set the other 6 likewise. If they are ok then I would look into the server settings for the Group that the 6 machines are in

zgtrman To effectively improve in the efficiency of your performance, one must be proficient in the implementation of a positive mental attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back