Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

win98 installation on drive D

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajax288

Technical User
Jul 15, 2001
CA
Hi all,

I have a hard disk with 2 partition. First one, drive C, with Windows 2000 on it and second one, drive D, with Win98.
First i did install win2k and when i installed win98 on the second partition it ereased the boot information so now every time the computer is booted up, it starts in win98. That is not a probleme anymore since i restored the boot info with the win2k cd. Now, I have two hard drives. First one with one partition with win2k. The second one with one patition is empty. I want to install win98 on the second hard drive. My question is: Is the win98 install will erease boot information of the drive C even if i am installing on a different physical hard disk?

For a dual-boot with win98 and win2k, you need to install win98 first and win2k second. Matt Wray
CCNA, MCP
mwray77518@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back