Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

win98 crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim7

IS-IT--Management
Feb 9, 2002
GB
i have installed hyper pen by aiptek on my win 98 pc and on restarting i find that the system returns the message Msgsrv32 this prog has performed an illegal op. I have tried to access Safe mode but before it starts the same message appears. I do have a startup disk but have not made a backup of the material on my hard drive , something i will do when i retrieve the system. Can anyone help as i have awful visionbs of having to lose lots of data that is stored. Plerase if you can take the steps very slowly as i am a beginner but willing to learn quickly
Tim 7

boot with the startup disk and at the a: prompt type
c:
then hit enter...
then type:
path=c:\windows\command
then type:
scanreg /restore
and choose a date prior to installing the software

BuckeyeComputers
thanks for the tip. Have done as you suggested and it seems to make no difference to the problem. Should i have deleted some of the original path sequence to avoid duplication. I have really no idea what to do as this is beyond my limited knowledge. Have you any other suggestions? Any would be appreciated
Tim7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back