Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win95/98 on floppies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baha

Programmer
Apr 16, 2002
US
Hi,

I need help installing Win 95 or 98 on the old notebook, which has only floppy disk drive, no cd rom. i have Win 95 and 98 on CDs. My question: Can i copy files to floppies and install it on the notebook using these floppy disks. And what other ways i can explore.

Thanks very much.

If your problem is of getting installation files to your hard disk hdd, ( I had same few years back) then there is another way too.

Use serial cable between a PC with cdrom and your notebook.
Connect both pc. use program like lap-link ( you might get for dos on web. search for it.) copy all the installation files to notebook hdd and install it from there.

Another way is if you can arrange for cdrom casing which connects on parellel port. Then you can directly install from your cdrom.
regards

Apoorva
An [indian] uses [pc2]

What solution I give is according to best of my knowledge and the information / feedback that you provide. So tell us more and we can lead you to right direction.
Internet is a tool respect it and use it for human wellfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back