Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win32Api Functions Documentation

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonscott8

Programmer
May 12, 2000
US
Where can I locate documentation on the functions in Win32Api? I was told it was supplied in the books that comes with the Windows Software Development Kit and the Windows SDK comes with Visual C++. I am using Visual Studio 2000, but have been unsuccessful finding this documentation.<br>Any suggestions or pointers would be greatly appreciated.<br><br>Thanks<br>Jon

Where you can get almost anything on microsoft tools<br>some will say MSDN, and they are right, just goto msdn.micrsoft.com and check the Library. it'll have the most current information.<br><br><A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> SDK/Win32 API</b><br><br>hope this helps.<br><br> <p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.8m.com>kb244@kb244.8m.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in , or have messed with : VC++, Borland C++ Builder, VJ++6(starting),VB-Dos, VB1 thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, Borland C++ 3(DOS), Borland C++ 4.5, HTML, ASP(somewhat), QBasic(least i didnt start with COBOL)

Thanks Karl...if it had been a rattlesnake, I'd be dead!

naw I'm sure some good hearted soul would have sucked out the poison, (unless you were taking a pee break then, maybe not) <p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.8m.com>kb244@kb244.8m.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in , or have messed with : VC++, Borland C++ Builder, VJ++6(starting),VB-Dos, VB1 thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, Borland C++ 3(DOS), Borland C++ 4.5, HTML, ASP(somewhat), QBasic(least i didnt start with COBOL)

jon, i have a little gadget called ApiGuide.exe, it contains a lib of info on all sorts of apicalls.<br>you can also update the info via the internet..<br>it really is very usefull.<br>This is where i found it, it was free.<br>greetings Rop, Netherlands<br><br>API-Guide KPD-Homepage at <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> the API-Guide website at <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> API-Guide download page is located at<br>&nbsp;<A HREF=" TARGET="_new">

Thanks for the suggestion Ropje. Although, I would prefer a viewer that is VFP oriented(Declares,syntax of coding examples,etc.). That one appears to be VB oriented. I am fairly familiar with C++ and will stick with the MSDN...for now.<br><br>Thanks again.<br><br>Jon

nice thing about C++ though, is the headers provide a great API Wrapper, and dont have to worry about the API Declaration, (either though MFC or through windows.h) <p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.8m.com>kb244@kb244.8m.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in : C++(both VC++ and Borland),VB1(dos) thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, HTML, Visual InterDev 6(ASP(WebProgramming/Vbscript)

If your frame of reference is VFP then you should also check out <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> You will find lots of threads on api and some genuine experts. <p>Tom Gahagan<br><a href=mailto:edrest@alltel.net>edrest@alltel.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>REST<br>
<br>
Your my reason for reason.... Carlos Santana

hey jonscott<br>yep UT.&nbsp;&nbsp;They added a new API section.&nbsp;&nbsp;Gives DECLARES for VB, C and VFP.&nbsp;&nbsp;It's growing so a specific one you're looking for may no be there but Erik Moore or someone else may answer a specific all you're looking for and add it next. <p>John Durbin<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>ICQ VFP ActiveList #73897253

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back