Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win32_BIOS characteristics

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbs

Programmer
Feb 19, 2000
US
I've been looking most of the day for how, within VC++, I can get the BIOS publish date...and if possible other information about the BIOS version installed on the motherboard.

The platform SDK has a Win32_BIOS class that has a whole lot of characteristics about the BIOS looks like it was made to work for this application but I can't find any sample code or figure out how to use the class. Does anyone know of where I can find a great example of the use of this class?

....another method to get the publish date of the bios is via a direct read of memory (which I don't know how to do). Using the debug utility, and from some readings, the bios publish date is located at ffff:0005h and goes on for 8 bytes.

I'd prefer to figure out how to use the Win32_BIOS class which is part of the WMI set of classes, but the documentation is rather minimal......

Does anyone have any ideas or sources that will obtain the basic BIOS information?

thanks,

ooops, I meant to put this in the Visual C++ forum...sorry guys....

HOWEVER,,, if anyone can help that would be great...I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back