Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

win32::registry question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

msingle

MIS
Jul 15, 2002
US
How would I get the following key from a remote win32 machine??
Key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Associates\TVD\Shared Components\VirusScan Engine\4.0.xx\szDatVersion

You'll need to connect to the remote machine first using the Win32 API, which is a subject of its own really. There are usually some good people in the Visual Basic Win32 API forum so you might want to try there. Mike

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at faq219-2884

It's like this; even samurai have teddy bears, and even teddy bears get drunk.

Mike,

is it possible in cgi or perl to allow a user to share a app or scan for a Virus using a installed Virus-scanner on a host server? Am I thinking to advance for My own good here? But it would be a interesting concept, allowing Users on Location to scan
keeping Users safe. And Help keep the net clean and well bug free.

BUG free, Don’t say NO
Just kill em
:) MA WarGod

I believe if someone can think it, it can be programmed

msingle

Just found this, exactly what you want.

Win32::TieRegistry - "Powerful and easy ways to manipulate a registry" it says.

MA - Interesting idea, no idea if it could be done. Might be some licensing implications though. Mike

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at faq219-2884

It's like this; even samurai have teddy bears, and even teddy bears get drunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back