Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win32::OLE module - excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

hogfather

Technical User
May 27, 2003
US
Peeps,

I have written a Perl script that produces a report on what servers are plugged into what ports in our SAN switches. What i am wanting to do now is to Freeze the pane so that the titles stay there when the user scrolls.

I have tried the following syntax but does not seem to work, yet throws no errors:
$worksheet->{FreezePanes)=True;

Any help would be appreciated, so that i can make the spreadsheet look nice for da management :)

Cheers
Mark.

Don't know much .. but ...

looks like an ActiveWindow jobbie, rather than a worksheet function, though I've had a quick scan and some Python bloke said to avoid using the ActiveWindow functions, and Python already knew what he was talking about.

Any chance of sending da management on an Excel Training course ;) (free crayons of course)

--Paul

It's important in life to always strike a happy medium, so if you see someone with a crystal ball, and a smile on their face ...

I'm looking for a solution for this, too- how to set a freezepane?

Why is there an ActiveWindow in VisualBasic, but none in Win32::OLE-- don't they both use the same interface-querying strategy to find out what objects and functions are available?

Another problem I'm having is how to merge cells (create a straddle, or span.) The VB Obj Browser said to call an object's (maybe the range's?) Merge(numColumns) routine, but that doesn't seem to exist...

TIA,
-r

Hi

I recently upgraded from Win2K to WinXp and my perl script that used Win32::OLE to work with Excel stopped working.

I found out that the ActivePerl version 5.6.x that I was using supposedly only works with Excel 2000 (MS Office Obj. Library 9.0). And my WinXP install, I believe has Excel 2002 (OL 10.0).

Whats the best solution to fix this? I didn't find definitive documention about whether the latest version of ActivePerl (5.8.x) has support for Excel 2002.

I haven't worked much with OLE.

Thanks,
Sid.

Guys,

Sorry, I put my question in your thread by mistake. Please disregard.

Sorry again,
Sid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back