Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win32 error when running Cobol appl over Citrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrickvO

Programmer
Feb 15, 2001
US
Hi,
We have a "home" written cobol application that for years has been ran via LAN and dial-up modems over Novell server. Today, I would like to have the remote users access the application via Citrix. Using the same batch files, the remote users are able to do everthing they need to (including printing). However, as soon one user runs the appl. over Citrix no new user (nor LAN nor Citrix) can run the appl.. Those users already in the application before the Citrix person came on, are fine.

Error we get when trying to run appl. after Citrix user started appl. (taken from Citrix server):
RUNCBL.EXE IS NOT A VALID WIN32 APPLICATION

When I change the batch to use RUN386.exe instead of RUNCBL.EXE, then the users can access the appl. even after the Citrix person is logged in.

I don't want to use the RUN386.EXE as I don't know the long term impact.

Any suggestion or provided understanding of both exe files is welcome.

Patrick

Details of both used batch files:
1. Icon batch (more used for mapping drives)
map root g:=srvr/sys:app/food
g:
@call strtapp
logout srvr
2. Actual application batch (named strtapp.bat)
set path1=%path%
set path=%path%;g:\;g:\acucob;g:\etc'g:\obj
g:\acucob\runcbl -w -c g:\etc\cblconfig MST001
set path=%path1%
set path1=

Nobody can give me information (even pointers) about what the difference is between the RUNCBL and RUN386 executables?

Isn't there a website that could provide me with basic information about our issue?

Again, any help is very welcome.

Patrick

What did AcuCOBOL tech support tell you?

I did not even think of contacting them, since the appl. is so old and I expected no "official" support on this matter.

After calling their Technical support 800 number, it was clear that we don't have a support plan and we'll need to talk to sales first. Not my desired option.

Any other suggestions?

Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back