Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2K3 SMTP Settings allowing Spam mail to be sent

Status
Not open for further replies.

grippy

Programmer
Dec 2, 2004
US
Hello all, I cant figure this out for the life of me and Ive tried a variety of different settings. As of right now if I restart my server my ram will slowly run out until programs start to crash. I finally narrowed it down to my SMTP being used to send out massive qty's of spam to people.

I am using the Win2k3 POP3 Service and the Windows SMTP service. Every setting I try I just seem to block all email or allow everything. The only outgoing mail that my server needs to send is from an ASP.net app which is installed on that server as well. I need to block everything else outgoing except that. But I still need to beable to recieve all my incoming email via POP3.

Its so bad right now that my queue folder and badmail folder have so much in them that I cant open the folder anymore without my server crashing. I created a new folder for badmail and it filled up with 150 emails instantly after creating it.

If anyone can take the time to tell me which settings i should have and which i shouldnt in the SMTP in the IIS console then it will save the world from alot of spam and viruses. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back