Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2k3 radius server

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwscc

Technical User
Jan 8, 2004
US
At home I have a cable modem connected to a Microsoft Wireless cable router and d-ling 5 port switch. I have one desktop connected to it and 2 laptops connected wireless. I also have a server running Windows 2003 with a modem and dual NICs installed.

What I am trying to do is dial into the server to gain access to my cable internet connection while away from my house.

I have tried every connection method and configuration I can think of (obviously not the one that works. I am dialing in from a XP Pro laptop.

I can get the dial in connection to authenticate but it goes no where else.

I have DHCP configured on the server with 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 configured with DNS listed for my cable provider's DNS numbers.

Whan I run IPCONFIG on server it shows the information on the dial in adapter as 192.168.1.11 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.255. wrong subnet. And I can not change it.

It appears my dial in client is receiving IP from DHCP but also shows wrong subnet mask. 255.255.255.255

help, please. I have already bangged my head against wall and it has not fixed the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back