Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2k Terminal Services Registry Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmoes

MIS
Apr 24, 2003
CA
Hello,

I'm getting issues with users not being able to log on
because it says the registry is to small, and/or there is
insufficient resources to load profile .. originally my
registry was sitting at 98MB so I increased it to 150 .. it
worked for 2 days and now the issue is back so i bumped it
to 250 for the hell of it .. and now it won't pass 112mb
but i still get the message.. the only way to clear it is
to reboot the server...

I've installed UPHClean as recommended by someone on the newsgroups. I have the following event ID 2020 .. so I found this on the website

I followed the instruction and have had no result

I have no idea what the output on this is(or if it even applies)

Any ideas on how to fix it would be appreciated, also any
tips on compressing the registry would be handy too!

TIA!!

~Shmoes

in order for the server to work for one day, I have to reboot it daily. which obviously isn't normal, It used to be able to go months without a reboot.

I don't believe it's the registry size either, I wsa just increasing it because it told me to lol.. that being said .. I don't have a clue what could cause it.

~AZ

What is the size of your C dirve, it could be filling up. Also delete any old profiles.

it's not bad, though I did notice something bizarre.

When I right clicked properties the size of my winnt folder it said it was 4.33GB .. I thought that was rather large so I wanted to narrow down where that size was coming from....

when I tally up all the files/folders within winnt (including hidden folders) it only comes to about 2.1, I wonder why it's showing 4.33gb off the winnt properties..

~AZ

There is sometimes a problem with the temp files that are created by the system. I have run into a similar problem, disk shows almost full but files don't add up to what's used. Try deleting the old temp files in \WINNT\Temp.
Profile problem could be one user's profile is too large, on a Terminal Server the system must load all the profiles for the users that are logged in. Check all the users' profile sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back