Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2k Task Scheduler..."Run as" problem???

Status
Not open for further replies.

webIntern

Programmer
Nov 22, 2002
US
Ok, this is pretty complicated:

We just switched over to active directory...and ever since then our scheduled tasks aren't able to run properly and on time without some tweaking because of user accounts issues. I have one particular task that's scheduled to run every 30 minutes every day. It is a small .exe program written by another intern that loads PVCS Notify (used with MS Outlook to automatically email notices), logged in as the last user able to log in. The task is set to run as a particular user, "UserA". The tasks runs fine when "UserA" is logged into windows. But when someone else is logged into windows the task runs but gives me a MS Outlook error..."profile is not valid"...even though the program set to run as part of the task logs into Outlook automatically. Note: The program that is set to run on schedule automatically logs into Outlook and PVCS Notify.

Does it make any sense?

This may be a PVCS Notify problem but it appears to be an issue with logging into windows as a different user...I've given permissions to the directories where all apps to be executed reside...as well as the apps themselves and the tasks.

*please help...somebody*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back