Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2k SP4 Update Rollup 1 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We found out the hardway what this MS rollup patch does to our Citrix farm.

No one could connect to the servers,CPU usage went sky high,machines ground to a halt.

Our solution (read workaround) was to boot into safe mode and remove the patch.

Will wait to the issues with this patch are resolved before patching our Win 2000 Citrix servers again.

We learned the hardway too. Citrix connections could be launched but internet explorer crashed every time it was launched. As per the above articles, RDP connections were not affected.

Regards, Darren

I too found out the hard way!!! Fortunately it only affected 4 of my clients (not sure why only those 4). I am running W2k Server SP 4 & MF XP 1.0 FR 4 with no apps configed for speedscreen latency. I made the registry changes referenced in 6927 above, but have not had the opportunity to reboot. In the interim I changed the client options to use 16-bit high color instead of 256 and they got their logon prompt, signed on and life is good again. I have not experienced any issues with Outlook or IE crashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back