Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2K SP2 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
i like to wait a month or more to here if there are any problems with a service pack 1st (nt4.0 sp6 remeber So long and thanks for all the fish.

I only put it on one computer as a test run. SP2 Installed cleanly; no obvious bugs. All the applications work the same as they did before. Essentially, no noticable difference yet. A second computer will be updated in the next day or two. I'll let you know in a week how things are going.

installed SP2 and so far no problems at all.... you know they say there is a performance difference with the upgrade, I'll be honest with you I didn't see much of a difference with the upgrade

Downloaded the sp2 yesterday and am having no problems so far. Hopefully it will remain that way.

We have one old DOS app that we need to keep running in order to access legacy data. It took me a long time to get it to run when we first went to Win2K from Win98SE. After the patch, it no longer worked. I did manage to get it to run (no thanks to all the compatibility tools), but it no longer makes sense as to how it is running.

If you don't have DOS apps from the 1980's/90's, then you probably won't see any problems. Actually, our other legacy DOS apps don't have any problems, but the performance manager tells me that the processor is 100%, even when the DOS windows are minimized (900MHZ AMD T-Bird).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back